Welcome to our blog.

We are a bunch of new entrant learners at Wairakei School, Christchurch, New Zealand. We hope you enjoy looking at what we have been up to.

Room 12's Pirate Blog is embedded into our class space. If you're having trouble reading/scrolling down our pirate blog...you can visit our blog in a new window by clicking on this link: http://piratelearners.blogspot.co.nz/

Monday, November 10, 2014

Room 12 Hosts Assembly

This morning Room 12 hosted assembly.  They did an absolutely brilliant job and I was so very proud of them all.

Our hosts - Tahlia, Kian, Naai, Eita, Mio, Sophia and Kaci.
Read!  Read!  Read!  was the theme of our assembly.  We began by showing a little video of us reading.




Last week Room 12 made a movie about one of our recent big books called I'm the King of the Mountain.  A big thank you to the children who provided our props.  You'll notice that we had to problem solve a little.  We couldn't find a rooster anywhere!  So we've used a pukeko instead.
Here it is:



We also showed another video in assembly which was actually made by last year's Room 12.  So you may recognise some faces.



Joel and Kaci shared their stories about their favourite books too.

Joel wrote:
My mum reads The Very Hungry Caterpillar to me.  I like The Very Hungry Caterpillar.  I like the book because it has holes in it.  It has holes in it because the caterpillar eats the fruit.

Kaci wrote:
I like my book because it has tornadoes and caves too and tsunamis.  It shows how a tornado happens.  it has the biggest tsunami in the world.  The tornado killed 695 people.  I also like Earth and Venus.  I like Mars too because it is cool.  The book also has animals and scorpions.
Ka pai, Room 12!

1 comment:

  1. Loved going to today's assemble run by room 12.
    The childrean did an amazing job hosting and your class movie about being king of the mountin made me remember my childhood...
    Amazing singing you all did so well.
    JB

    ReplyDelete