Welcome to our blog.

We are a bunch of new entrant learners at Wairakei School, Christchurch, New Zealand. We hope you enjoy looking at what we have been up to.

Room 12's Pirate Blog is embedded into our class space. If you're having trouble reading/scrolling down our pirate blog...you can visit our blog in a new window by clicking on this link: http://piratelearners.blogspot.co.nz/

Friday, November 22, 2013

Welcome to Kian

A big welcome to Kian who turned 5 today!
Kian (pronounced Kee-in).

Wairakei School has some new musical instruments and Room 12 were the first students to use them yesterday!  Lucky us!
New Instruments on PhotoPeach

What a fabulous day today for our Book Character Mufti Day.....can you recognise these book characters?  I'm so sorry Toby!  I'm not sure how I missed your photo, oh no!  Our lovely Toby dressed up as a character from the Cars movie/book....in a fancy Cars shirt all the way from America from his Aunty Stella.

Book Character Day on PhotoPeach

Here are three examples of writing from today's writing time!
Ruby T wrote "I am Pocahontas.  I wear a brown dress and a blue ribbon and a jersey".
Yes today it was cold, so Pocahontas was in fact wearing a jersey.  he he
Ruby also had another sentence over the page saying "She lives in India".
Ava-Lea wrote "I am a bee.  I am from Bumble.  I am in a beehive".

Makylah wrote "I am a princess".  I thought this was pretty good for a girl who
has only been at school for 2 weeks!  Don't you?
We have another MUFTI day next Friday....just a normal clothes one (as we're swimming too...please no fairy wings etc).  This time, instead of a gold coin, Otakaro children need to bring a grocery item e.g. can of tomatoes, box of cereal, bag of rice, jar of coffee etc.  All of this gets compiled into a grocery raffle hamper - I love winning grocery hampers!  No one has sold me a ticket yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment