Welcome to our blog.

We are a bunch of new entrant learners at Wairakei School, Christchurch, New Zealand. We hope you enjoy looking at what we have been up to.

Room 12's Pirate Blog is embedded into our class space. If you're having trouble reading/scrolling down our pirate blog...you can visit our blog in a new window by clicking on this link: http://piratelearners.blogspot.co.nz/

Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Tents and Dads!

Our poem of the week is about different kinds of 'houses'.  We brainstormed a few different houses - hives, hills, houses, cabins, kennels, boxes, cages, holes and tents!  So this afternoon we partnered up with our Room 5 buddies and put up tents!  Wow!  Everyone had so much fun they want to do it again.  We might have to as only one group managed to get their tent up in time - watch the movie to find out which group it was.

A big thanks to Morgan from Room 5 who took the photos.

Tents on PhotoPeach

Room 12 wrote about their Dad's this morning using the word 'can'.  I couldn't decide which story to share because they were all so very good....so here are ALL of them.  It looks like we have some pretty clever Dad's out there too!

I can't wait to see Eita tomorrow too.  He doesn't know it yet.....but his Dad is flying over from Japan today.  Eita will be VERY VERY excited!  We all know that Eita has a big smile, but I am thinking he will have a HUMUNGOUS smile tomorrow!!!

Makylah - My Daddy can paint on the wall.  He can paint my room.

Oliver - My Dad can make pikelets.  They are yummy.

Maddox - My Dad can fix the roof.  He is clever.  He doesn't fall off.  He uses a hammer.

Xavier - My Dad can play rugby and he can run.

Eita - My Dad can clean the house.

Nitika - My Dad can make a cake.

Kaci - My Dad can paint buildings and houses.

Mio - My Dad can cook sausages.

Kian - My Dad can catch crayfish.

Joel - My Dad can fix my iPad.  My Dad can cook tea.

Naai - My Dad can cook cupcakes.  He can ice them.

Sophia - My Dad can cook.

No comments:

Post a Comment